What's new

Gameplay Rework the crafting items/system

fileey

New User
Reaction score
Crafting recipes should be looked over to be adapted in a way which will promote more crafting throughout the whole game, from early to late game.
As of now the weaker weapons as Legendary rarity ain't even competing to a damaged weapon of another weapon that could easily be looted or bought in market, this makes it unattractive to actually craft early/mid game weapons.

What's the consequences of this?
- The feeling of upgrades is lost quite early in the game if you get your hands on one of the top tiers weapons/gears that are easily accessible.
- Crafting will only be revolved around the 1-2 specific items in each category because well essentialy those are Best in slot.

My suggestion is:
- Rework the system so that ALL crafted items will be of a unique kind. What does that mean?
They could be labeled as for example: Mastercrafted {normal/perfect/legendary} {weapon name}.
They could be tagged by the unique name of the person who crafted the item.
They could yield stats and bonuses that goes beyond what is possible if you're looting the actual item.
Each crafted items are unique, which is more or less like the looting system right now, the item you loot now won't look identical to the same item looted later.

What this will do is making crafting things early game or heck all the time actually worth it.
Even at mid/late game people will consider to smelt their super rare equipment pieces only to then craft them which should make them better then the looted one.
Players will consider to craft weaker/early game items because that would yield them a boost in terms of gear.
Crafting materials of lower grade, normal/perfect will be more of use, even damaged/desolated ones upgraded up to normals will be of use throughout the game.
The market will be stimulated by players buying equipment and such to either wield or smelt more frequently for recipe and crafting materials, this stimulates the economy.

As of now most of the weapons especially feels like they are identical, I have only once felt like oh, I actually just looted an upgrade. It's even more frustrating when your next upgrades are a crafted weapon, which at the same time takes more or less the same effort to collect craftable items as it would to craft the best in slot weapon.

fileey

New User
Reaction score
To add more input about the crafting, it sucks as of now. Most weapons require so damn much materials to craft its insane.
Look at Barbarians weapons, most of the good weapons are not craftable, meanwhile those who are costs insane amount.

Oskar

Staff member
Reaction score
Make well-balanced recipes are really difficult. If you'd like to help, let us know or post here your suggestions about new recipes.

fileey

New User
Reaction score
I admit it is difficult, just as balancing alot of things.

I could suggest different methods but after thinking about it, most of it is rather time consuming.

The only thing i'd suggest that is less time consuming for you guys that could potentially ease the way for solo players is to add more tasks with different rewards.
Tasks to obtain Forbund, Dark Mithril, Edges(Golden/Mithril/RS/Steel), Pure Mithril, Mithril Shard, Magical Thread, which is needed even for in my opinion mid game items crafting is way too hard to get. It's such a jump in difficulty on those tasks doing them alone, even finding someone who benefits of doing the task with me is hard, which discourage people to actually come and help. Because someone with another vocation does not need any of the rewards given to the tasks.

At the same time it's so discouraging to like craft a legendary Frost Bow, which is easier to craft, because a normal Hellfire Bow have better stats then it does, and the Hellfire bow is not even hard to loot. Same goes with Golden spear for Grenadier, Arydian axe/War hammer for Barbarians. Like those kind of weapons you're stuck with for so long, because the materials needed for an actual upgrade of weapon is way to hard to obtain. And the rest of the weapons you actually can craft are either 1. Worse then the mentioned weapons or 2. Not worth the minimal actual upgrade. I'm not really suggesting to nerf the cost or the type of materials needed, but atleast make the legendary ones a BUFF from other normal grade weapons. So that I who got a normal Hellfire Bow, actually want to use resources to craft for example a legendary Frosty Bow for the time being, until I can access to better crafting materials later. But as of now I don't see a way to get an upgrade in near time.

A Legendary frosty bow gives +4 additional damage, 5 less then normal hellfire bow, and the potential of stats is also lower. I've looted over 20 normal Hellfire bows and all of them, statwhise would outperform a Legendary Frost bow. The worse thing is that I obtained the Hellfire bow like 3-5 days into the server start, so my only real chance is to sit at Red Dragons forever hoping for a legendary drop. It's like ZERO variety in gear, same goes with the rest of the gear. I've used Darksteel set since forever and by the looks of it I'll probably use it until I quit.

If you decide to buff Legendary weapons(Or actually balancing them making most of the Legendaries better then most Normal weapons) and think that would be too OP for someone who luckily have looted a Legendary grade of an item, just make the CRAFTED version of items stronger then LOOTED versions of the same items. Crafting in my opinion should be endgame, even if you loot an endgame helmet, your goal will be to craft the same legendary helmet, because crafting it yourself will yield another type of bonus. This I suggested in my first post.